Pages

Friday, August 31, 2012

The Graduates

Well, we have officially finished language school.  5 weeks, four hours a day for Mark & a bit less for the kids & I.  I think what language school has taught me more than anything is how much Spanish I still have to learn.  It's a lot!!!  But we made progress & I can see that we will only continue to learn so much as we move into "real life" here.  We were not expecting the exhaustion that would come with learning a second language.  Mark & I have both found that we are pretty worthless most afternoons after we have been in class all morning.  Though we enjoyed our school & had wonderful teachers, we are glad to be finished.  Mark is ready to begin his work and I am ready to be mommy again.  So.... off we go!  I would ask that you all please say some very specific prayers tomorrow, Sunday, & Monday.  We will be driving a lot those days & the roads can be very dangerous because of traffic accidents, so please pray for a great deal of protection as we drive.  Thanks so much!  I'll try to post again on Sunday from Coban so you know we've made it safely that far. 

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! And we will be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay yay yay for learning!!! Way to go! Prayers as you travel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you as you travel and settle in...for God's peace in the adjustments ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!! We're praying as you travel!

    ReplyDelete