Pages

Friday, August 10, 2012

Kid's perspective-- issue 1

What is your favorite part about Guatemala so far?

Little Man:  Getting a new soccer ball and seeing volcanoes.  I also liked seeing the festival.

What festival?  Tell me about that.

Little Man:  We saw a parade on our street.  There were babies, a priest, people playing instruments and just regular people.  The ice cream cart man was even in the parade.  He pushed it and rang the bells on his cart.  It was something to do with their church.  People were marching and there was a baby trying to blow out a candle.  It took him a few tries, but he finally did it.  The babies were dressed up like angels.  They were shooting off las bombas (fireworks).  Some of the houses had balloons over their doors and there were rose petals in the street.  

What else do you like?

Little Man:  I like our house.  There are two floors and you can even go on the roof.  We have a good yard for playing soccer in.  I kind of like Spanish class.  I am learning the countries in Central America.  My teacher's name is Dina.  She is nice and funny.  She likes to laugh... she laughs all the time. 

What's your favorite food that you have eaten?

Little Man:  Domino's Pizza, vegetables, fish, rice & beans.  I love the fruit-- el mango, la pina, las uvas, and la papaya.  I really like to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment