Pages

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Under the Weather

Miraculously, I am not referring to anyone being sick.  I can only count it as a miracle that aside from a few sniffles, sore throats and rumbly tummies, we have not had any sickness since Shirley Temple had pneumonia the first week we were in the country.  So, we're going on almost 3 months with no sickness.... Dr. Glover's records will show you that this is the Lord because I know I've been to see him more often living in Knoxville.  Keep the prayers coming....they are working!!!

What my post title refers to is literally, the weather....we are under it!!


The view from my bedroom door on a typical day
The view from the exact same place on a clear day!!...the banana tree in the previous picture just got cut down before I had a clear day to take this picture.













The other day, our science lesson was to research and journal about a cloud forest.  So, what is a cloud forest?

Dancing Beauty:  A really foggy place that has lots of rain.  We have lots of rain here because we are in a cloud forest. 

Little Man:  A moist forest.  It's really wet and cool.

But then, we do have the occasional unbelievably beautiful picture like this:
I have an even better one as the rainbow got closer to us as the rain moved in, but it's not on my computer yet.  I'll try to post it another time.  Pretty, huh??

No comments:

Post a Comment