Pages

Saturday, May 17, 2014

Cesar Update

Currently, Kris and DeeDee are in Guatemala.  I was able to talk with DeeDee the other night and she gave me a bit of an update on Cesar.  Hopefully, they will be able to go visit Cesar today (Saturday) as they are driving back to Guatemala City.

I heard, right after I had posted the last blog, that the brother of one of our former teammates, Ricardo, had taken him to live at his house for the time.  He lives on the outskirts of Coban, about 2 1/2 hours from the Ulpan Valley.  He and his wife have five children of their own and he is currently unemployed.  DeeDee told me they have been working with Cesar and teaching him basic behaviors, such as using the bathroom appropriately, sitting at the table to eat, and eating what is given to him.  For the past 7 years, he would only be given a corn tortilla each day, a cup of coffee, and perhaps an occasional egg.  It is an amazing example to see Hermelindo's family give abundantly to this child in need and step out in obedient faith that God will provide for their needs.

From my side of things, I am asking lots of questions about what would be best for Cesar.  I truly want this child to have a chance to not simply survive, but to thrive in society.  At this point, I feel like he is at risk of so many issues.  He has suffered years of abuse and I believe he needs lots of therapy, counseling, and perhaps much more in order to be healed.  I also believe all of that is completely possible.  Nothing is impossible with our God (Luke 1:37).

Please continue to pray for him and for this family caring for him.  Pray that all of us involved will have a great deal of wisdom and know what is best for him.  Pray that he will receive the care he needs to be able to thrive.  Please ask that God will move mountains in order to bring healing to sweet Cesar.

Thanks so much.
This picture was taken on April 2, 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment