Pages

Monday, July 16, 2012

Hoping in the looking forward

I would very specifically ask that you please pray for our little man.  He is really struggling right now.  People keep asking him if he is looking forward to Guatemala & I realized the other day how abstract of a question that is for seven year old.  He has NO IDEA what to look forward to....

All he knows is what he's looking behind and leaving.  Tonight, Mark & I walked up to the hill near the house and enjoyed some wine and sunset with Mark's parents and friends.  We had our dear friend come watch the kiddos so we could have some time without them.  Our little man really struggled with us not being in the house with him.  And I, as his momma, am struggling with how to love him through this process.  I shared a bit about this as we said goodbye to our chickens... the hard and sad of the letting go.... and I will tell you that the last few weeks have been excruciatingly painful for my heart and his.  The girls are rolling with it and Mark.... well... he's an engineer :-).  But little man and I are sensitive and emotional and we see the hard things and we dread them and we don't always hope or trust so well.  I'm trying to help him hope and look forward.... even if it's just a blind faith.  Because we have a God who is able to paint THIS!!!  So what have we to fear???

3 comments:

  1. Oh Katie - What a precious hearts your little man (and you!)have. Uncertainty is tough. Moving is tough. Going to a different country is tough...much less making stops along the way. I am praying that God will pour out His Spirit of peace on both of you...and that He will plant seeds of deep joy in the midst of the chaos and bring sweet calm to Drew's heart that only He can give. Praying, praying, praying - with much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying so hard for all of you, but especially for him. M has been praying for him lots too. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying, especially for bedtime prayers. This is a lot to take in, and time is so limiting for all these changes. Wonder what God has in store for D's heart.

    ReplyDelete